AESD contacted the state-appointed factfinding panel chairperson and asked for a delay in the hearing, which was booked for January 9, 2015. After considering the district’s request and ADTA’s/CTA’s objections, the panel chairperson, Mr. Moseley, allowed the postponement and is working with the district and ADTA to find a new date sometime in February. No date is confirmed at the time of this message.
The district’s advisor, Mr. Ron Bennett, asked for the delay on behalf of AESD stating the following:
- “the district missed a key date for requesting a waiver needed to assure its apportionment”
- “the district released its Fiscal Services Director”
- “the district released its Assistant Supt. of Business”
- “the district has two new board members who are working to get up to speed”
- “the district will need to receive the state budget” [2015 proposed budget is scheduled to be released by the governor January 9]
ALL JANUARY 5-9 UNITY WEEK ACTIONS CONTINUE AS PLANNED!
OUR SOLIDARITY WILL HELP US WIN THE FIGHT!
DON’T BE DUPED BY THE DISTRICT’S CLAIMS
CONTINUE WORK TO RULE ACTIVITIES
ATTEND THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING FOR MORE INFORMATION.
SHOW UP – STAND UP – SPEAK UP FOR THE RESPECT WE DESERVE!